If you obtained your legal residence in Cuba, you have the right to send your household goods within a period of 6 months, from the date on which they granted you an identity card.
The maritime transport to Cuba for household items includes: living room set, dining room set, room sets, household appliances such as refrigerator, TV, kitchen, washer and dryer, air conditioners, among others.
You will not have to pay anything in Cuba, because this household is free of customs duties, but you should bear in mind the following:
• The household must be shipped to Cuba in the same country from which you come.
• When you, who use the right to household goods, come accompanied by your family, we only authorize a household for the family unit.
• For the authorization of the household in regard to quantities of items (appliances and furniture) we will take into account that these amounts correspond to the housing spaces of the home to which they are intended. In the case of electrical appliances, only two (2) equipment of each type will be exempt from payment.
• The dispatch of household goods is done as an indivisible unit. The delivery of household goods is not authorized in a fractional manner.
• The household goods must be processed by you who are entitled to it. When for well-founded reasons you cannot be present, we will request in writing the exceptional authorization to the Head of the Office of Customs.